Providing exclusive services, programs, and support for YOUR BUSINESS
To learn more about the benefits offered with each type of membership, select an option below:
NASM Marketer Membership Benefits
Your company’s membership with NASM saves you time and money, helping you grow professionally.
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
- Retailer Contract Packages: NASM’s retailer contracts are patterned after Shell’s current incentive and supply agreements. These contracts are provided free of charge to members.
- Shell Wholesale Marketer Agreement Analysis: This document summarizes the major provisions of the Shell Wholesale Marketer Agreement and contains comments by NASM Legal Counsel. This analysis is intended to assist you in understanding your rights, responsibilities and potential liability under the Agreement.
- Legal Consultation: Businesses face legal concerns every day. NASM’s legal counsel, Bill Taylor of Taylor & Powell PLLC, provides a free half hour of legal consultation to NASM members on any issues of concern to them. When needed, additional consultation is provided at discounted hourly rates.
- Discounted Equipment, Services & Publications: Many of NASM’s Supplier Associate members offer significant discounts to NASM members for publications, equipment, and other business services.
- Supplier Directory: The NASM Supplier Associate Directory on www.nasmonline.comserves as a quick reference to aid you in selecting companies from which to purchase petroleum marketing and c-store equipment, supplies and services.
- NASM maintains an ongoing dialogue with Shell representatives to effectively promote the interests of Shell marketers on legal and policy matters. In addition, NASM monitors legislative and regulatory issues, together with litigation, of concern to the petroleum industry. If a matter of interest arises, NASM’s members are notified via email. NASM is also involved with numerous industry coalitions that work to safeguard your business relating to legislative and regulatory initiatives.
- Webinars and Topic Calls: NASM offers periodic one-hour educational webinars. Webinars are conducted by experts in their subject area, and all the webinars are archived later playback. New in 2018, NASM is instituting bi-monthly topics calls to address hot-button issues in the industry.
COMMUNICATIONS & NETWORKING
- e-Newsletter: @NASM provides updates on industry and Shell-specific issues, covers business related issues, and offers ideas on how to save money and grow your business. It also includes news and updates of Marketer and Supplier Associate members.
- Legal Bulletins: NASM issues legal bulletins with explanations, advice, and updates on legal matters that may affect Shell marketers and on litigation that may have industry-wide ramifications.
- Membership Directory: NASM’s website has a searchable members-only directory of both marketer and associate members.
- Meetings and Events: In 2018 NASM will once again be hosting a conference and industry summit. Working with key Shell staff, we provide timely content tailored to the NASM member. Relationships are priority number one at NASM’s conference. Attendees develop business ties that will bear fruit well into the future.
- NASM Engagement: NASM’s marketer members form the foundation of our association. In 2018, look for increasing opportunities to contribute to your association through committee participation, content development, and industry outreach!
- Social Networking: Follow the latest industry news and NASM updates on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
NASM Supplier Associate Membership Benefits
Your company’s membership with NASM saves you time and money, helping you connect with new customers.
- Membership Directory: NASM’s website has a searchable directory of both Shell marketer and Supplier Associate members. Search the NASM database, which includes titles, contact information, store counts, and more.
- Supplier Directory: Members receive a free listing in the online NASM Supplier Directory with company contact information and description. It contains product information for providers of petroleum marketing and convenience store equipment, supplies and services.
- E-Newsletter: @NASM provides updates on industry and Shell-specific issues, covers business related issues, and offers ideas on how to save money and grow your business. It also includes news and new member updates.
NASM offers annual sponsorship packages wherein a supplier partner can offer the following content to be considered for publication in the @NASM newsletter:
- Write an Educational Article: Supplier Associate partners may submit articles to advance ideas on how their company can save petroleum marketers money or improve their business operations.
- Contribute to “Supplier Associate News”: This section in the newsletter is reserved for Supplier Associate members’ news releases. (A brief description of the release with a link to the full release will be included in the Newsletter.)
Partner-submitted content will be asked to meet certain standards such as pertinence and value to the membership.
- NASM’s website provides news and information of interest to Shell Marketers and those interested in the petroleum marketing industry. Banner advertising is available on the homepage.
- @NASM is NASM’s e-Newsletter. Anyone with an interest in Shell petroleum marketing is invited to subscribe. It is published once per month and has a circulation of over 4,000 people in the petroleum marketing community.
- Topic Calls: New in 2018, NASM is implementing bi-monthly topics calls to keep the membership informed and engaged. Call topics will vary based on relevance and timeliness, but supplier associates will have access to non-Shell confidential content and can offer suggestions and content for consideration to NASM’s membership committee.
- Promote Your Discounts: Supplier Associate members may send NASM a description of an exclusive discounted product or service that they would like to provide to Shell marketers who are members of NASM. NASM also places this in membership materials which are sent to marketer members throughout the year.
- Meetings and Events: NASM will be producing a conference and industry summit once again in 2018! We value relationships and business development foremost at our conference and seek your presence, involvement, and input to make the NASM conference the gold-standard in the industry.
- Social Networking: Follow NASM on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and updates.
- NASM Engagement: Our supplier associate membership is the lifeblood of our association. Look for increasing opportunities in 2018 to contribute to your association through committee participation, content development, and industry outreach!